When You Don't Have An Instagram Husband
I have an actual husband, but not an Instagram one. I’ve been on the receiving end of eye rolls and tuts as his mind boggles as to why I’m standing on a stool to photograph our sink from above.
If you, like me are bereft of the Instagram Husband then look no further. Here are my top 5 tips for survival:
1. Get used to balancing your phone or camera in random places or on various objects…(past photos have been taken by placing my camera on a pile of washing, I kid you not)
2. Invest in a tripod so you can avoid the above!
3. Convince a friend to be your Instagram Husband for the day, or find a buddy you can go out shooting with or is willing to come to your home. (I need to find me one of these!)
4. If you are using a smart phone invest in one of those bluetooth gadgets to operate the self timer so you don’t have to hurriedly get into position.
5. Get over your self-consciousness. Harder to do in practice but amid the eye rolls I carry on regardless, and I’m exactly the same in public places too. Girls gotta ‘gram innit!
Not really a tip but a final sentiment… Forgive your actual other half, or that person in your life that just doesn’t get it. They probably just want to live the moment…and I’m behind them 100%…with my camera ;)